Re: telecommuting -- social costs ?

Subject: Re: telecommuting -- social costs ?
From: "<rgcolon -at- mailbox -dot- syr -dot- edu>" <rgcolon -at- MAILBOX -dot- SYR -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 10:27:44 -0400

On Mon, 18 Sep 1995, Richard G Harris wrote:

> I am an avid telecommuter.

> But I'm kind of curious about the social costs -- particularly as it
> relates to somewhat impersonal world of e-mail. Has anyone ever done a
> study or done research?

> Dick Harris
> rgh -at- world -dot- std -dot- com

"Change that matters"

The social cost is greater than we care to think about. This has been
an era of continuous change, and we have not noticed the things we have
lost along the way. We have changed our working environment to a less
social environment, which involves less personal activities among the
co-workers. It is the lillte things in life that change things the most.

Roberto Giovanni,
rgcolon -at- mailbox -dot- syr -dot- edu