Re: WWW PUBLISHING

Subject: Re: WWW PUBLISHING
From: Kris Olberg <KJOlberg -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 13:44:33 -0400

In a message dated 95-09-15 22:52:35 EDT, anonymous-remailer -at- SHELL -dot- PORTAL -dot- COM
writes:

>Anyone out there interested in starting or reviving a thread
>concerning WWW, HTML, and how all of this affects us writers.

Certainly! Here's a topic in which I'm interested: How can we use the 'net to
get jobs in a rural setting? I would like to hook up with a network of
writers who telecommute because I REALLY want to move away (outside of daily
commuting distance) from the Twin Cities. Why?

* I currently commute three days a week through traffic that's ruthless and
cruel. I want to stop commuting entirely not only for the environment but for
my sanity and safety.

* I find that working in my home makes me more productive. I can dial into
my machine at the office to pick up my mail from the network. I can also
upload and download files, making it easy to obtain source documents and
comply with file backup procedures.

* My boyfriend says I'm happier on the days I don't commute.

* I can save money many ways, one of which is by not having to maintain a
large, expensive wardrobe. (This is somewhat untrue; I have never put clothes
at the top of my priority list. Nevertheless, I can get by with less
expensive clothing.)

Anyone else interested in telecommuting? Are you currently telecommuting?
There are disadvantages, but for now let's focus the discussion on the
positive aspects.

Regards...Kris