Re: Re[2]: Re. WYSIWYG vs. tags

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Re. WYSIWYG vs. tags
From: Pat Madea <madea -at- MMSI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 19:05:24 MST

Pam Owen wrote, in response to an earlier post from RoMay Sitze:

>What I'd like to know is how long it took to "clean up" the tags. When I
>work in WordImperfect, which I avoid like the plague, I spend a good
>portion of my time "cleaning up" tags.

-- cut --

>In Word, formatting rarely gets screwed
>up, because it has no tags to accidently enter or delete.

-- cut some more --

Is this true? Word has no tags? Or, does Word have tags and codes,
just like all the other word processing and DTP programs, you just
can't see them? As with any word processing or DTP program, tags and
codes on top of tags and codes on top of tags and codes will
eventually kluge the whole document. Or, is Word an exception?

Jus' wonderin'

madea // madea -at- mmsi -dot- com