Re: BAD classroom exercises

Subject: Re: BAD classroom exercises
From: MONETTE DENISE P 678-3843 MACA <dmonette -at- ARL -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 08:04:16 -0600

I am in my final semester of graduate school and a professor asked the
class to design a document for his door with his office hours and other
such information. His instructions were to use the information off his
syllabus for the document.

During the next class meeting he had us judge each others work and pick a
favorite. We voted on our favorite document, and everyone turned in
their assignments.

His first question was "How many of you contacted me to find out what I
wanted?" Not a single hand in the room went up. One student remarked
that he had told us to take the info off his syllabus. He said that was
only the tip of the iceberg, what about dimensions, the image he chose to
portray, the imformation he considered most important, etc.

It was an easy assignment, but the whole class messed up. Good lesson!!

Denise Monette