Re: FW: what do you call it when your computer stops?

Subject: Re: FW: what do you call it when your computer stops?
From: Richard Foley <richard -at- INGLE -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 12:09:53 +0100

In article <30509CC6 -at- ncr02>,
"Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- ucs01 -dot- attmail -dot- com> wrote:

>From: Price, Becca
>Subject: RE: what do you call it when your computer stops?
>Date: Friday, September 08, 1995 3:38PM

>that's the typical reaction for anyone who doesn't understand underlying
>causality - when people did this about natural events, we call it magic....

>Superstition: the *other* guy's religion.

> -becca
> ----------
>From: TECHWR-L
>To: internet!VM1.ucc.okstate.edu!TECHWR-L (Multiple recipients of list
>Subject: Re: what do you call it when your computer stops?
>Date: Wednesday, September 06, 1995 11:52PM

>>Perhaps it's the techie in me, but I never understood why some manuals
>>talk about the keyboard locking up. The software is typically the part
>>with bugs, not the keyboard.

> That is the typical reaction of the non-technical user: He or she
>does not usually grasp the difference between the symptom and the cause of a
>problem,
>and so refers to the symptom as the problem.
> ***
>Herman Holtz

It's called a "Freeze", surely?

Richard

Richard Foley

RFI-Computer & Technical Illustration
Diagrams, maps, 3D graphics

Crina Bottom, Fell Lane, Ingleton, via Carnforth, LA6 3AN UK

Tel: 015242 41018
email: richard -at- ingle -dot- demon -dot- co -dot- uk
URL=http://www.demon.co.uk/rfi/index.html

Maintainer of the Technical Illustration FAQ; "Techill-FAQ"