Re: VIRUS ALERT: its authentic

Subject: Re: VIRUS ALERT: its authentic
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 09:45:08 -0800

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> My lan administrator says this alert is <not> bogus, & is "well recognized
> among the cognoscenti."
Well, I'm sorry, but anyone working in a biznus environment and allowing the
swapping and use of external disk, without running a virus checker on them
first, is asking for all they get.. You can have hundreds of em on your
system and never know it. As long as you don't run the executable to
initiate the routine, it won''t do a damn thing. These virus writers ahv
hundereds and in one interview I read, thousands of 'em on his machine.
Remeber the term "industrial espionage"? Well they use the term "virus"
insteadnow.. why spy and get info that isn't any different to what you
already know, when you can simply "cripple" the competition. YES, it does
go on.. Dontcha just love the wrold in which we live?
Summery of today's lesson:
If you are gonna let others use your machine adn use external disks (disks
that you put into a floppy drive) then make sure you run a virs checker on
any files, before transferring them onto your hard drive...or even more
potetially lethal, one of the network's shared drives.

Stui
--
First Impression Graphics