Exercises for Students

Subject: Exercises for Students
From: Karen Steele <Kstle -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 14:48:33 -0400

This semester I will be teaching a class in Tech Writing II & I'm looking for
a good text, that will double as a valuable reference. Any suggestions?
I'm thinking that two texts -- one focusing on the process and another
focusing on usage& editing might be a good combination.
I'm open to ideas -- the text they've been using is out-dated, so we're
starting from scratch.
Also, for those of you who can remember your student days, what were the best
(most effective) assignments? I will probably give them at least one major
document, but I would like it to be a fun assignment. (I believe we learn
more when we're having fun.)

Some of the best exercises for my Documentation Project Management class
came from this list, so I'm anxious for your input.

For those of you who are recently out of school, is there any advice that was
either particularly valuable, or that you wish you'd been given?

My students come to school after working all day, so I really want to make it
a valuable experience for them. Any tips you may have will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Karen Steele
(who wants to be a continuously improving instructor...)