Re: Need info on working at home

Subject: Re: Need info on working at home
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- IADFW -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 1995 23:58:34 +0000

Dana,

Could you provide us with a little more information, please. For
example, where are you located? What are your skills? Do you have
everything you need (hardware, software, etc.) at home? Are you
willing to go into the workplace occasionally? Are you looking for
contract only or would you consider other possibilities?

I've found the other writers on this list to be very, very helpful.
Good luck in your search. I'd bet that someone can help if you can be
a bit more specific about what you can do and what you want to do.

> I just installed AOL and became a subscriber a few days ago. I want to work
> out of my home but have no idea what companies use off-site contractors. I
> have heard that some companies send jobs out to contractors in cities other
> than the one they're located in, and I would like to know who these companies
> are, the name of the person to contact, and other contact information. I
> would also appreciate any tips on how to go about soliciting the work.

> I have 1 1/2 years experience as a technical editor in the semiconductor
> industry. All of my experience is with one company; I worked there as a
> permanent contractor until I had a baby two months ago.

> If you can help, please reply to me privately at Dfrbs -at- aol -dot- com -dot- Thanks.

> D. Forbes

Jane Bergen
Technical Writer
janeb -at- iadfw -dot- net or janeb -at- answersoft -dot- com

"The difference between the right word and the almost
right word is the difference between lightning and the
lightning bug." - Mark Twain