Reading MAC in WINDOWS

Subject: Reading MAC in WINDOWS
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 22:58:01 LCL

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von "Steve Delanghe" an All am 01.09.95

"D> >> It should be noted that if the disc is a Mac-formatted 800K
"D> or 400K
"D> floppy, there's no software around that will let a DOS machine
"D> read it.

...besides the Central Point Multi-Option Board long out of production. I have
one.

"D> MacSEE is a utility that will allow you to read/write
"D> Macintosh format
"D> diskettes on your PC. This includes 1.44 MB High Density
"D> Macintosh
"D> diskettes, 800K Low Density Spectre format Macintosh Diskettes
"D> (this is
"D> the Mac emulator for the Atari ST), and Macintosh hard disks
"D> including
"D> SyQuest removable hard drives formatted on a Mac.

There are several domo versions of Macsee out. The former ones could not cope
with Syquests and other bigger media. The newer ones only transfer files up to
15 kB. You can find these versions at ftp.cica.indiana.edu (or any of its
mirrors or on CD-ROM).

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander