Re: HELP: simple procedural sentence

Subject: Re: HELP: simple procedural sentence
From: "Cheverie, Paul [Cont]" <paul -dot- cheverie -at- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 10:42:00 EDT

Peggy,
"Press F7 to exit the file" seems pretty concise and accurate to me.
It's a nice and simple instruction which leaves no room for
misunderstanding.
Best Regards
Paul C.
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: HELP: simple procedural sentence
Date: Thursday, August 31, 1995 3:35PM

Gotta hit techwr-l one more time before I temporarily unsub
while relocating:

How do you all write a simple procedural sentence like this:

Press F7 to exit the file.

To exit the file, press F7.

Is there a rule or guideline for such straightforward
instruction? You may reply directly to me:
peggy -dot- thompson -at- ccmail -dot- osti -dot- gov
Time is of the essence--thanks!!!