WYSIWYG vs. tags

Subject: WYSIWYG vs. tags
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 15:26:00 -0500

From: Price, Becca
Date: Wednesday, August 30, 1995 2:23PM

I've *never* had a problem I couldn't solve in MSWord - or at least couldn't
solve because I couldn't see the tags. I might not have been able to figure
out how to do something, but I could always figure out how to fix it.
-becca
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: internet!VM1.ucc.okstate.edu!TECHWR-L (Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re. WYSIWYG vs. tags
Date: Wednesday, August 30, 1995 2:46PM

Here's another note on the WHYSIWYG vs. tag-based
editors thread. One thing I absolutely love about
WordPerfect is the "reveal codes" (tags) window.
I've long since stopped counting the number of
times I used it to discover and delete a strange
formatting code that I could never see or debug in
any other software. Marvelous feature, and
thoroughly indispensible. WYSIWYG can be more
efficient in creating the tags, but there are
times when you simply can't understand and solve a
problem without viewing the tags.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of
our reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.