Re: Grammar, language change, & phobia

Subject: Re: Grammar, language change, & phobia
From: Kris Olberg <KJOlberg -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 13:19:27 -0400

After years of worrying whether I was using too many techno-terms or
unacceptable phrases, I finally freed myself of these debates and started
concentrating on the more important question:

Does it communicate the idea?

I don't really care if a writer uses "displays," "shows," "appears," or
whatever as long as it's consistent throughout a document.