Re: Advice Needed: Russian Wi

Subject: Re: Advice Needed: Russian Wi
From: ROBERT SIDMAN <sidmanr -at- MCHFMCCM -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 15:09:13 EST

Grace J Beatty <EmpressGJB -at- msn -dot- com> wrote:

>I documented the number
>of pages I printed and the time I spent waiting at the network printer. My
>boss funded an individual printer for me based on my figures. Food for
>thought...

<snip>
A few years back I wrote a fairly simple operating manual with mebbe 12
pages of text and 8-10 pages of bitmaps of data entry screens and results.
When it came time to print on my network HP laser printer, shared by 30
programmers, the text pages went through lickety-split. The remaining
pages took 8 hours and nothing else moved. Soon I had my own laser
printer, with extra RAM, and it sits right under my CRT table.

Bob <robert_sidman -at- fmso -dot- navy -dot- mil>