Re: Win 95

Subject: Re: Win 95
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 10:28:19 PDT

On Mon, 28 Aug 1995 14:18:39 -0400 you wrote:

>Except that IBM has as much as admitted that OS/2 is dead.

When? Where? They have never even alluded to such a thing. The popular press
loves to take every little thing Lou Gerstner says and interpret it to mean
OS/s is dead.

>They are also giving up their license to incorporate Windows. That means
>that your choice of software will shrink.

How so? Are a bunch of existing Win3.1 and DOS apps going to simply disappear?

>I wouldn't go to Windows 95 yet either, though we have had a lot people doing
>beta testing at work, and it words very well. I'll wait until January. We'll
>know for sure by then if there are any problems....

I can tell you right now that there are plenty of problems :)

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.nextlevel.com/nlp/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446