Re[2]: Win 95

Subject: Re[2]: Win 95
From: Debbie Lemasters <Debbie -dot- Lemasters -at- MARCAM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 10:49:37 -0400

>Except that IBM has as much as admitted that OS/2 is dead. They are
>also giving up their license to incorporate Windows. That means that
>your choice of software will shrink.

No. Your information is incorrect.

If you look at IBM's home page (www.ibm.com), you'll see an entry under its
press releases dated 8/24/95 with these opening paragraphs:

"IBM announced today it has signed an agreement with
Microsoft to offer Windows 95** pre-loaded on IBM desktop
and mobile systems.

"As a result, Windows 95 will be available on the Aptiva*,
IBM PC 300* and 700 Series and ThinkPad* mobile computers,
beginning in September."

As Mark Twain once said, "The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated". . . .
I don't think OS/2 is dead. Nor is OS/2 Warp. Again, on the IBM home page,
there are 6 press releases mentioning OS/2 since 7/31/95.

Debbie Lemasters
debbie -dot- lemasters -at- marcam -dot- com