Re: tag markup going away? (was Please contribute...)

Subject: Re: tag markup going away? (was Please contribute...)
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 1995 20:06:37 -0700

On Sat, 26 Aug 1995, Gary Conroy wrote:

> The initial premise of this page was to teach myself HTML and, as
> such, it was interesting but (I hope) ultimately pointless: tag
> markup has had its day. It surely can not be long before someone
> produces a WYSIWYG web editor. The tools should not constrain the
> craftsman [said with humility].

Do you really think they'll come up with a viable alternative? What with
the multitude of platforms that access the web (PC, Mac, and Unix, along
with many others), I don't know if there *is* an alternative to tagging,
which relies on the cross-platform ASCII and SGML formats.... Any
opinions on this one?

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
http://www.crl.com/~techwrtr/