Desperately Seeking review of multimedia book, journal or authoring tool

Subject: Desperately Seeking review of multimedia book, journal or authoring tool
From: Dan Dornbrook <djd -at- SAFCO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 17:31:00 CDT

Greetings, fellow tech writers!

(Note: Please address all replies to djd -at- safco -dot- com, NOT to the list.)

As the new editor of Byline, the monthly newsletter of the Chicago chapter
of the Society for Technical Communication, I am scrambling to assemble our
September issue. Because the September chapter meeting topic is multimedia
in technical communication (that is, using some combination of text, sound
and moving visuals to document a product for end users), I am seeking a
multimedia-related review for an audience of technical writers.

Specifically, I am seeking an independent review of any of the following:
-- a recently published book on a multimedia-related subject **of interest
to technical writers**
(i.e. multimedia as a documentation tool, NOT Portal Wombat or I Am
Curious/CD-ROM)
-- a trade journal on multimedia with major content **applicable to creating
user documentation**
IF such a thing exists (by analogy, we recently published a review of
the WinHelp Journal)
-- a multimedia documentation authoring tool, or a comparative review of
various authoring tools

If this review has been published previously, I will need contact
information in order to request permission to republish (the last thing we
need is an intellectual property lawsuit).

The preferred length is about 400 words, but I am willing to negotiate with
authors on this point.

If you have such a review or can direct me to the source of one (or suggest
an alternative), please send E-mail directly to:
Dan Dornbrook
Technical Publications
SAFCO Electronic Systems Division
Chicago, IL, USA
(312) 631-6216 Ext. 2191
Internet E-mail: djd -at- safco -dot- com

Note: The contents and any real or perceived implications of this message
are mine and do not represent the official views of my employer, STC, the
Chicago chapter or anyone other than the author.