Re: 50-ohm vs. # symbol

Subject: Re: 50-ohm vs. # symbol
From: Rick Lippincott <rjl -at- BOSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 09:13:10 EDT

I had posted my entry into the 50 ohm sweepstakes, suggesting that the answer
might be

And Bonnie Nestor said:

>You want a rule, I've got a rule. The ASTM Standard for Metric Practice,
>E380-86 (or, for the up-to-date, E380-92, I think)...
>3.5.1.5 When a quantity is expressed as a numerical value and a unit
>symbol, a space should be left between them. For example, use 35 mm, _not_
>35mm, and 2.37 lm (for 2.37 lumens), _not_ 2.37lm.

Well, I stand corrected. (Actually, I'm sitting corrected, 'cause it's
too uncomfortable to stand while I type.) Who was it that had a sig file
that said the fastest way to get info on the internet was to post
incorrect information? Looks like we proved it, once again.

Rick Lippincott
Boston Technology
Wakefield, MA
rjl -at- bostech -dot- com