Re: Acrobat and Compression

Subject: Re: Acrobat and Compression
From: Callie <callie -at- WRITEPAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 22:45:55 GMT

In article <410slm$mhi -at- homer -dot- alpha -dot- net>,
Sally Yeo <sallyyeo -at- execpc -dot- com> wrote:

>Acrobat will compress text files up to about 50%, but that percent
goes
>down as the amount of graphics in the file goes up.

>Sally Yeo

You can maximize compression by creating the graphics on screens with
lower resolution and fewer colors (a 256-color B&W image is dragging
along the info for 254 invisible colors).
We were seeing files about 30% of the original size.

Callie

e-mail Callie -at- writepage -dot- com
The Write Page for genre fiction