local licenses

Subject: local licenses
From: Timothy Schablin <timothy -at- ESKIMO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 10:26:13 -0700

Here's a question for those of you who are freelancers and working from home.

I've read that if your in an area NOT zoned for a business, you can
legally still conduct business if you get a P.O. box at the post office.

Is this true?

Here's my case. I live in an apartment and cannot do business from my
apartment per city code. Can I if I get a P.O. box?

thanks