STC Technical Pubs Competition Judging Guidelines

Subject: STC Technical Pubs Competition Judging Guidelines
From: George Hayhoe <GFHayhoe -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 19:38:49 -0400

John Blair asked about the development of judging guidelines for STC
Technical Publications Competitions.

Some chapters have developed their own judging guidelines, and the
international competition also has very brief guidelines for local and
international judges which are part of the rules for the competitions
available from the Society office.

Since February, STC's Competitions area has been working to develop detailed
judging criteria and other training materials for judges in technical art,
publications, and online competitions. When a draft is complete--sometime in
the early part of 1996--these will be shared with the chapters which hold
competitions. We hope that field testing of these materials in next year's
(1996-97) round of local competitions--and the incorporation of suggestions
from local competition managers who use them--will make the materials even
more helpful when they are published in final form.

Anyone interested in working with the committee which is developing these
materials can contact me at the address below.

--George F. Hayhoe (GFHayhoe -at- aol -dot- com)
STC Assistant to the President for Competitions