Monitor-compass direction

Subject: Monitor-compass direction
From: Don K Pierstorff <dkp -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 20:39:27 GMT

I use a 15" NEC MultiSync 3V monitor. Just recently, it's been
acting a little goofy. I looked in the User's Manual, under
"Trouble/Support," on page 20. There, I found the usual 2 columns, one
labeled "Problem" and the other labeled "Check These Items."
One of the problems listed under "Problem" is this: "Left and
right edges of the display image are curved either inward or
outward."
In the column labeled "Check These Items" for that particular
problem, 2 bulleted options are listed. The first one (which worked)
says, "Adjust the Pin-Cushion Control."
The second one says, "If possible, position the monitor
to face east."
Does anyone know whether the direction a monitor faces
will affect its performance?
And does anyone know whether the face of the monitor should face
east or whether the back of the monitor should face east, the latter
choice causing the user to face east?

Regards to all, Don K.

p.s. This is not a joke. Anyone else who owns the NEC MultiSync 3V
should look on page 20 of its user's manual before the flames
begin. :)