Limits of the written word: (was "Opening Instructions")

Subject: Limits of the written word: (was "Opening Instructions")
From: Peter Zimmer <pzimmer -at- FOX -dot- NSTN -dot- NS -dot- CA>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 1995 11:01:59 -0300

On 9 Aug 1995 21:18:40 -0000,
Johnson, Mike C. @ SLG <MCJOHNSO -at- slc -dot- unisysgsg -dot- com> wrote:

>Help!

>My wife gives me these little outer space juice packets in my lunch.

I've had the same struggle. It is a =manual= skill, acquired over time.

It's an eye/hand, show & do problem, not a "written direction" problem:

You need to "hire" a six-year-old as a demonstrator. They (my
daughter, her friends) seem to have figured it out. OTOH,
Rubbermaid makes nice lunch-box juice containers, re-usable, and the
juice is cheaper that way. You also have options not available in
the juice-paks.

Peter

< Peter G. Zimmer PETER ZIMMER ASSOCIATES >
< 6133 Willow Street Halifax Nova Scotia Canada B3K 1M1 >
< e-mail:pzimmer -at- fox -dot- nstn -dot- ca (902)423-9361 fax:(902)455-7599 >

< RISES (Alzheimer-friendly) Phones >
< The RISES Project: Cognitive Prostheses & The Electric Home >
< RISES = Reduced Instruction Set, Enhanced Support >