Re: Non-standard page sizes

Subject: Re: Non-standard page sizes
From: Kenn Murrah <kwmurrah -at- BILBO -dot- PIC -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 07:28:16 -0500

>We just went through that. What I recommend is that you specify 8= x 11
>pages, make your margins narrower then put crop marks in the margins for the
>printer to go by when it's time to go to press. That way, you can easily
>print them out on your laser printer without having to have a special stock
>of odd-sized paper, and you can copy them for in-house use with your vanilla
>photocopier.

>We use a final printed page size of 7-3/8 x 9 (adopting the Microsquash
>model).

>Regards,

>Mike Starr

You might check with your printer before you do this. If he's using any
kind of automated imposition software to produce your job, defining a
7.375x9 page as 8.5x11 might cause him a lot of extra grief and cost you a
lot of money.

It all depends on how the printer will produce your work. As with any
publishing project, good communication with the printer prior to creating
the files could make life a lot easier for everybody.

Cheers,

A printer who wandered onto this mail list in search of more intelligent life.

Kenn Murrah
kwmurrah -at- pic -dot- net