Re: Embarrassing boo-boos

Subject: Re: Embarrassing boo-boos
From: Ellen Fenwick <ellefenw -at- MAILSTN -dot- SARMC -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 08:42:52 -0600

This is my best boo-boo. I prepared a survey for members of the Phoenix
Chapter of STC some years ago. We were interested in learning what
functional area in their companies members belonged to (for example,
Engineering, Marketing, Customer Support). One of the choices they could
check for that question was supposed to be "Public Relations." The survey
was proofread by at least five people, but despite that the survey went out
with: "Pubic Relations." About three people in the chapter actually
checked that choice! I wish the survey hadn't been anonymous, because I
would have liked to call those people and find out what their
responsibilities were exactly. I have often thought since then that spell
checkers should have a special option to check for pornographic words.