Generic "he" (beating a dead horse, or mare...)

Subject: Generic "he" (beating a dead horse, or mare...)
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 19:39:42 IDT

a) When he faces the patient, he faces himself.
b) When they face the patient, they face themselves.

** I think Jean is right that there's a difference. It isn't
clear whether as a doctor in (b) you'd need to come to terms
with only yourself or with your doctors as well.

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| Doctor oh doctor, write me a prescription for the blues... ||