Re: It is . . . . .an Apology

Subject: Re: It is . . . . .an Apology
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 10:33:00 PDT

>More explication on the pronoun-antecedent battle of picayune types

Imagine my surprise when I found that my alter-ego, the ever mischievous
Rosita, got ahold of my computer yesterday and posted this message to the
list!

I apologize....

The real story is that I was forwarding the attached note to my coworker who
is temporarily no-mail and who asked me to monitor the list and send her
items of interest. I added the comment in a vain attempt to sound witty
and urbane, and not as a reflection on the people on the list who have added
many interesting comments on the "It is...." thread.
Somehow I must've hit the reply button instead of the forward button.
I deeply regret any implied insult. The tone of the flippant remark I made
was the opposite of my true feelings about the participants in the thread.
My true regard is shown by my action, which was to forward the post to my
coworker since I found it interesting and illuminating.

I will now proceed to crawl into a hole and die -- of laughing at myself.

Somewhat foolishly,
Rosie A. Wilcox (the 'A' stands for born to Amuse others with my fo-pahs)
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us