You are the product

Subject: You are the product
From: John Gear <catalyst -at- PACIFIER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 19:02:00 PDT

A recent post:

>Subject: Great Opportunity for Vendors to Advertize to TWs
>(snip)
>This is a super opportunity for booksellers, publishers, software
>companies, printers, bookbinders, internet providers, etc. to
>target a regional audience of about 200 persons in the technical
>communication profession.

Well, isn't *that* special! Another novel use of techwr-l . . . we not only
get to pay for junk e-mail directed at us, now we get to pay to download ads
trolling for advertisers--giving us a chance to know how we're being sold
and packaged for advertisers who "target" us. Feh!
John Gear (catalyst -at- pacifier -dot- com)

The Bill of Rights--The Original Contract with America
Accept no substitutes. Beware of imitations. Insist on the genuine articles.