Summary--Favorite Word 4 Win Ref. Book

Subject: Summary--Favorite Word 4 Win Ref. Book
From: Kelly Burhenne <burhennk -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 13:29:40 EST

Text item: Text_1

Hello!

Last week, I asked for your favorite Word 6.0 for Windows reference
book. I received 12 replies, one of which I accidentally deleted
(sorry)! A summary follows with a few choice comments:

- _The Hacker's Guide to Word 4 Windows_ 2nd Ed. by Leonhard, Chen,
Krueger, Wesley press. ISBN # 0-201-40763-9. This book received three
votes.

> The Hacker's Guide is NOT for beginners, and is particularly good
> for people who program in Word Basic (Word's macro language).

- _Word 6 for Windows for Dummies_

> "For Dummies" gives you some concepts that the big books don't have.
> But you can't get by on just this book.

- _The Underground Guide to Word for Windows_, by Woody Leonhard,
Addison Wesley press. This book received two votes.

- _The Word Companion_, by the Cobb Group, published by Microsoft
Press.

> Good Word overview and general reference.

- _Certified Tech Support for Word_.

> It shows problems and differences with Word 2 and Word 6.

- _Running Word 6 for Windows_ published by Microsoft Press. Author:
"someone" Borland. This book received two votes.

- _Inside Word For Windows 6_ by Bill Camarda (New Riders Publishing,
1993).

- _Microsoft Word Developer's Kit_ (WDK). This book received two
votes.

> The Microsoft Word 6 Developers Toolkit is an excellent refernce to
> the inner workings of the program as well as Word Basic.

- _Using Word--Version 6.0 for Windows_ published by QUE Press.

> I have always found QUE books to be excellent resources, regardless
> of the subject.

Thanks very much to the following people for responding:

Harvey Humphrey
Mike Kennedy
Dick Dimock
Gwen Barnes
David Mitchell
Lisa Owen
kedwards -at- cycor -dot- ca
Margaret Packman
John Blair
Michael Andrew Uhl
Christopher Thornton
(and the one person who's message I deleted!)

Coming Soon: summary of capitalization answers!

Thanks,
Kelly Burhenne
burhennk -at- liebert -dot- com
Columbus, OH