Re: He/She

Subject: Re: He/She
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 07:04:24 MST

John Renish <John -dot- Renish -at- CONNER -dot- COM> wrote-->
> So your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to come up with a new
> sex-neutral pronoun (including all the necessary cases) that everybody will
> quickly embrace.

============
Hmmm...
I have several suggestions:

Male Female Neutral1 Neutral2 Neutral3

he she ze [long e] ze [long e] te [long e]
him her zeh [short e] zin [short i] tey [long a]
his hers zes [short e] zis [short i] tes [short e]

Or any combination thereof. Neutral3 borrows from the already
somewhat acceptable neutral use of "they." As for Neutral1 and
Neutral2, I just thought "z" sounded like a nice neutral
letter...*and* it's underused!
;-)

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=