HUMOR: More Win95 problems.

Subject: HUMOR: More Win95 problems.
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 08:46:17 LCL

Now that Win95 is imminent, the third-party suppliers have stepped up
their own marketing, but with occasional unfortunate consequences. For
example, a local TV station has been running an ad for an interactive
CD-ROM intended to teach you how to use Win95. They chose a product
name ("IQ") that sounds great, but the full title is: IQ for Windows
95. Unfortunately, the "for Windows" part appears in miniscule type,
surround by a huge "IQ" on top and "95" down below, thus spelling out
the bold message "IQ95"... which, as a Mac evangelist, I feel speaks
for itself. <grin>

More seriously, for those of us who are responsible for both the words
and their appearance, don't forget to look for unfortunate visual puns
that you'd never expect purely from the text alone. (This is also
common if you design with "drop caps" and the set of caps on a page
forms an unfortunate word or phrase.)

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of
our reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.