cultural savoir

Subject: cultural savoir
From: Ronald Lee Stone <ston0030 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 1995 14:04:57 -0500

> Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 11:20:49 IDT
> From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
> Subject: French .NE. profanity

> It has just been pointed out to me that equating "French" and "profanity" is
> insulting to those of French ancestry.

I doubt that uses of the expression "pardon my French" would insult.

The amazing expression is simply asinine. It is very difficult
to not reproach such uses of language.

Until later,

Ron

Ronald L. Stone : ston0030 -at- gold -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu : (612) 644-9706
listowner-administration : (subscriptions, filelist, general)
RADIO-L : discussion of Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB)