Error Message Boo Boos

Subject: Error Message Boo Boos
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 15:54:52 GMT

In article <95080312143014375 -at- mustang -dot- com>, Gwen Barnes
<gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com> writes:
>One of our techsports found this conversation fragment
>on a CIS forum ...

>Subj: Squueekkyy Hing want Oil
>>> when telling me that an error 138 was not possible because it is
>>> "out of the range of possible errors"

>I once got an error message from LightWave that said " An impossible
>event has occured. Continue?, Cancel?"

Or, even worse, the error messages that say "Your data has been
destroyed" and then want you to click OK. No, it's *not* OK!

And I really hate the Mac error message that comes up when an
application dies. "Application unknown has unexpectedly quit."
No kidding! I never would have noticed if you hadn't told me...

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with this
janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | message is the return address.

"Usenet is like Tetris for people who still remember how to read"