Re: BooBoos

Subject: Re: BooBoos
From: Blair John <Blair -dot- John -dot- MM5 -at- MACMAIL1 -dot- NB -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 10:15:04 -0800

Thought the group might enjoy this, especially anyone who uses Microsoft Word:

When the program is launched (or "booted" if you're stuck in the 80s), and you
don't have the feature turned off, a window appears called "Tip Of The Day."
The words "Did you know" appear followed by some cute little aphorism or a
hint/trick about Word usage.

Several months ago, I launched Word and the following text was displayed in my
"Tip Of The Day" window:

Did you know...You can increase or decrease the size of selected text by
pressing

That's it! The rest of the tip was truncated...missing...gone...not
there...went south...jumped ship...

I'm not sure if my computer and/or software might have barfed or if the person
at Microsoft working on these tips simply spaced out when this one was written.
In either case, it was humerous.

John Blair