Re: Setting up unconventional publication in Pagemaker 4.0 HELP

Subject: Re: Setting up unconventional publication in Pagemaker 4.0 HELP
From: Barry Malcolm <barry -at- NETSPACE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 12:33:42 GMT

In article <3v988f$1ma -at- sentinel -dot- synapse -dot- net>, rchenier -at- writer -dot- synapse -dot- net says:

>Hi: I'm not sure if what I want to do can even be done in pagemaker 4.0 but
here
>goes:
>I want to set up a publication (small booklet) using 8.5 x 11 landscape folded
in
>half. I can't find instructions in my manual pertaining to what I need. I would
>like to take advantage of auto page numbering and text flow, TOC and index
>generation but as you can understand, if I do it unconventionally (like 1 page
at
>a time) it will be a nightmare with the loss of all features.
>I have been asked to do it in this format: the sheets are folded in half and
the
>halves have two columns. The folded sheets would then fit into each other and
be
>stapled in the crease. I am looking at having chapters, a TOC, an index,
graphics,
>etc... I hope this can be less painful than I am starting to anticipate. I
cannot
>afford big, new software packages. (Hence the title: student)
>Any ideas greatly appreciated, thanks...

>Raymond Chenier, Student Tech Writer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Hi Raymond, If I've understood you right - I hope this may help.

There's probably a few ways to go ie:

(8.5 x 11 (portrait) sounds very familiar)

try this: Under page setup it might be A5 - and it's all done for you. Failing
that,
Under page set up type in your exact sizes ie 8.5 x 5.5, choose facing pages,
and give it a go. (You might have to choose landscape under printer setup to
get two pages to print on the one piece of paper).

When the new document is open, under the format menu select columns - and go
biserk.

hope that offers someway to your needs,
cheers
barry