Does Frame crash?

Subject: Does Frame crash?
From: Emily Skarzenski <71220 -dot- 341 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 13:46:36 EDT

Question: for those of you who have switched from Word 6 to FrameMaker (or work
with both), does Frame crash less than Word?

My department uses Word 6.0c for Windows on Pentium 60s and 75s with 8-16 MB
RAM. Our biggest complaint right now is the Word crashes we experience daily.
Moreover, even when Word isn't crashing, we find that it's hard to get work done
between Word's "background" repagination (yeah, right) and autosaves (which are
a pain, but which we don't want to turn off since it crashes so much).

I am slowly beginning to stage a revolt in favor of Frame for functional
reasons, but am aghast at the thought of getting the whole department to convert
only to find that our biggest complaint -- these *dang* crashes -- happen
frequently in Frame, too.

Please feel free to respond directly to me. Please, no suggestions on changing
platforms. Ain't gonna happen right now. :-)

Thanks for your help and war stories!

Emily Skarzenski
ICS Deloitte - Chadds Ford, PA
71220 -dot- 341 -at- compuserve -dot- com