Re: Help - OS/2 screen captur

Subject: Re: Help - OS/2 screen captur
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 04:43:44 PDT

On Tue, 1 Aug 1995 01:22:00 -0400 you wrote:

>>Note that the files are now in .BMP format.

>Bit maps prepared in OS/2 are not necessarily going to work in Word for
>Windows. Maybe someone else can tell us why.

OS/2 2.x and Windows bitmaps are marginally different... I think only in the
first two bytes, but enough so Windows won't normally recognize a OS/2 bitmap
(unless you have a graphics app like Paintshop Pro that knows how to recognize
them :)

OS/2 used to have the same problem with Windows bitmaps, although Warp now
supports them directly.

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446