Re: Multimedia question

Subject: Re: Multimedia question
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 08:26:05 PDT

On Thu, 27 Jul 1995 12:44:00 -0400 you wrote:

>We're currently mulling over the idea of adding sound to a demo diskette and
>our Web page, specifically the sound of a pick-and-place machine stuffing
>chips onto a printed circuit board. The problem is that the recording we
>have is in the (Sparc?) .au format. Does anyone have, or know of a product
>that converts .au into pc-compatible .wav files? Shareware would be best...

I have at least one, and can get ahold of a simple command-line util that does
a wide range of soundfile conversions. They are, however, native OS/2 apps.
I suppose if you want to ship me the file, I can do the conversion for you.
OS/2 Warp's bundled Multimedia Viewer subsystem directly supports AU, AIF, and
in fact, almost all audio-file formats currently in use.

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446