Re: Embarrassing boo-boos

Subject: Re: Embarrassing boo-boos
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 11:13:41 +0800

Nancy Hoft wrote:
> ... the first sentence in the article which did not talk about cross-
> point switches at all. It talked, instead, about CROISSANTS! MS Word's
> spellchecker had changed the word during a spell check and in my haste, I
> never checked the spelling of the correction.

The curse of the spell-checker!

A similar thing happened to me with 'multi-vendor'. It's a pretty ugly
word anyway; it got changed to 'mullet vendor'. This wasn't buried
deep in the manual, either. It was in the Preface, right there when
you turn the first page. I was describing the software as being suitable
for fishmongers :^(

A few of the mullets escaped...

Stuart