Re: Dilbert & tech writers

Subject: Re: Dilbert & tech writers
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 13:06:11 -0500

Mary Deaton wrote about Dilbert's creator:
>I don't really believe that Scott Adams is NOT a technical
>writer, either that or a real tech writer is ghosting those strips featuring
>Theresa. Long live Theresa.

Theresa? I thought it was Alice.

From what I've read about Adams, he's an engineer with a keen sense
of observation.

Anyway, some of you may remember that last fall (winter?) one of us
tech-wrlers sent some techwr-l digests to Scott Adams when we were
debating the meaning of one of his strips. He replied to techwr-l that
he really got a kick from the debate, and he promised that he would start
incorporating a technical writer! (If I could find that message, I'd
quote him exactly.) He said the tw's personality would be loosely
based on what he picked up from our list.

I hope we're in for a fun ride, but we might recall the old proverb,
"Be careful what you wish for!"

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
technical writer Society for Technical Communication
COREStaff Communication Svcs.

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.