Re: URL

Subject: Re: URL
From: Steve Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 09:09:21 CDT

> Hey y'all,

> My boss asked me what URL means, and I had to say I didn't know. Could anyone
> tell me?

> Nora
> merhar -at- edsvcs -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com

From NCSA's Beginner's Guide to HTML: "The World Wide Web uses Uniform Resource
Locators (URLs) to specify the location of files on other servers. A URL
includes the type of resource being accessed (e.g., gopher, WAIS), the address
of the server, and the location of the file."

This is a useful little document. To see it, look up:

http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/demoweb/html-primer.html#A1.1

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation http://www.cda.ulpgc.es/steve.html
15150 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77009 USA