Re: Modems and fast serial ports ...

Subject: Re: Modems and fast serial ports ...
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 10:06:14 -0500

Jim Curran writes:

+ ______________________________ Reply Separator
_________________________________
+ Subject: Modems for Technical Communicators
+ Author: Michael Uhl <uhl -at- VISLAB -dot- EPA -dot- GOV> at Internet
+ Date: 07/18/95 07 07 PM

+ If you plan to view Web pages from home, I would recommend that you
+ break open the piggy bank and go for a 28,8 modem and make sure it
+ has a good data flow controller. I bought a Hayes High-Speed Serial
+ Port for my PC and the data receive/transmit is so much smoother.

Just FYI, STB Systems, Inc. of Richardson, Texas (214) 234-8750 makes an
excellent high-speed serial port adapter. They have variations including
two serial port and four serial port adapters. These are very reliable
products (I use them at home) and STB has great technical support.

They also make great video adapters and other products.

For more information contact:

STB Systems, Inc.
Richardson, Texas 75080
(214) 234-8750

NOTE: This is not a paid advertisement and I am not compensated in any
way. I'm simply a happy customer -- and former employee.
-------------

Joe Fockler "Success is when those who know you best
Interphase Corporation love you the most."
Dallas, Texas 75234
-- unknown
jfockler -at- iphase -dot- com
"Great works are performed not by strength
but by perseverance."

-- Samuel Johnson

"Success is going from failure to failure
without loss of enthusiasm."

-- Winston Churchill