Internet Service Provider in Baltimore/DC area

Subject: Internet Service Provider in Baltimore/DC area
From: David Hancock <dhancock -at- ARINC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:45:22 EST

Subject was: "Re: Alternative to long Mails" raised by Bev Parks.

I get my Internet access from Clarknet in Ellicott City, MD. I pay
$25/month for unlimited connect time at 28.8 Kbps or faster to a "shell"
account (command-line and terminal-style access to Internet services)
and up to 6 hours a day of SLIP/PPP connect time (for a graphical
interface and direct-to-my-PC downloads, news feed, etc.). Also
included is up to 5MB of storage on the Clarknet server. If I didn't
want or need the SLIP/PPP access, the shell account by itself would be
$18/month.

Not having to worry about the cost of connect time has (a) freed me from
worries about the monthly bill and (b) allowed me to develop some
bandwidth-wasting habits. I try to remain sensitive to (b), knowing
that some of my friends, for various reasons, still connect at 2400 bps.

Cheers.

David Hancock | dhancock -at- arinc -dot- com