Re: Alternative to long Mails

Subject: Re: Alternative to long Mails
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 10:40:31 -0400

Arlen Walker offered the option to read the newsgroup rather than subscribe
tothis list, but stated that you would have to read online.

Arlen, you don't HAVE to read newsgroups online. If you have a SLIP or PPP
connection and use Trumpet Winsock, there are any number of news readers
that you can configure for offline reading. I use FreeAgent from Forte.

Once I'm online, I have FreeAgent retrieve article headers and bodies in my
selected newsgroups. (I also retrieve my mail with Eudora, an offline
reader.) Once mail and news have been downloaded, which usually takes about
5 minutes for noth, I can disconnect and read offline.

Both FreeAgent and Eudora (and other mail and news readers) are available
from CWSA: The Consummate Winsock Apps List
(http://idirect.com/stroud/cwsapps.html). This site is mirrored at several
places around the world; try to use the site closest to you for the best
response time.

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor