Re: Electronic Eng. and Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Electronic Eng. and Tech Writing
From: Loren Castro <lfc -at- SOL -dot- CHINALAKE -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 13:30:37 -0700

> I want to open their eyes to Technical writing as posibible
> employment or at least have them realize that they will
> likey spend time writing regardless of what there actual
> title is. So what I am asking for is anyone who is degreed
> in EE or EL and now is working as a technical writer full
> time or people who wish they had a EE or ELs knowledge.

I can't speak from personal experience, but I can pass along the following:

Bill W******, Code ***'s Technology Manager, responded
to a questionnaire from the The Roadrunner, the newsletter
of Ridgecrest's Over the Hill Track Club. One of Bill's

"English composition. I couldn't understand why or where
an engineer would ever need to write anything. Boy, was
I wrong."

Bill is a respected and popular person at this little Navy operation. And I
point out that "technology manager" here is a responsible position.

lfc -at- sol -dot- chinalake -dot- navy -dot- mil