Re: Humor: Dr. Seuss, Barney, etc.

Subject: Re: Humor: Dr. Seuss, Barney, etc.
From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 15:29:00 PDT

The good Doctor is getting a bit moldy this time around, but I liked the
Barney joke. I'd thank whoever sent it personally, but there was no sig.

Here's some more for the humor file, for placement under "what a difference
a letter makes."

The following were winners in a New York Magazine contest (for people
with far too much free time on their hands) in which contestants were to
take a well-known expression in a foreign language, change a single
letter, and provide a definition for the new expression.

>HARLEZ-VOUS FRANCAIS? - Can you drive a French motorcycle?
>EX POST FUCTO - Lost in the mail
>IDIOS AMIGOS - We're wild and crazy guys!
>VENI, VIPI, VICI - I came; I'm a very important person; I conquered
>J'Y SUIS, J'Y PESTES - I can stay for the weekend
>COGITO EGGO SUM - I think; therefore, I am a waffle
>RIGOR MORRIS - The cat is dead
>RESPONDEZ S'IL VOUS PLAID - Honk if you're Scots
>QUE SERA SERF - Life is feudal
>LE ROI EST MORT. JIVE LE ROI - The King is dead. No kidding.
>POSH MORTEM - Death styles of the rich and famous
>PRO BOZO PUBLICO - Support your local clown
>MONAGE A TROIS - I am three years old
>FELIX NAVIDAD - Our cat has a boat
>HASTE CUISINE - Fast French food
>VENI, VIDI, VICE - I came, I saw, I partied.
>QUIP PRO QUO - A fast retort
>ALOHA OY - Love; greetings; farewell; from such a pain you should never
know
>MAZEL TON - Lots of luck
>APRES MOE LE DELUGE - Larry and Curly get wet
>PORTE-KOCHERE - Sacramental wine
>ICH LIEBE RICH - I'm really crazy about having dough
>FUI GENERIS - What's mine is mine
>VISA LA FRANCE - Don't leave chateau without it
>CA VA SANS DIRT - And that's not gossip
>MERCI RIEN - Thanks for nothin'.
>AMICUS PURIAE - Platonic friend
>L'ETAT, C'EST MOO - I'm bossy around here
>L'ETAT, C'EST MOE - All the world's a stooge
>BASTA LA VISTA - I don't ever want to see you again

Garret Romaine
gromaine -at- radisys -dot- com

"Whupped 'em again, huh Josey?"