Re: Certification

Subject: Re: Certification
From: "Scott, Vester" <vscott -at- RPSPO1 -dot- ATLANTAGA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 10:24:00 PDT

Robert -

"lousy" is a legitimate word.
"degreed" should have been in quotes; although a common verbal expression,
it hasn't made it (and, perhaps, should never make it) to Webster's
Collegiate in the context in which I used it.
I have already apologized for "grammer."

Aside from the constructive criticism of the language in my position on
certification, how do YOU feel about certification?

Regards,

-Vester
----------
From: Robert.Morrisette
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Wednesday, July 12, 1995 2:29PM

"Scott, Vester" <vscott -at- RPSPO1 -dot- ATLANTAGA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM> said:

>I love it.
>Further to that: in my experience, many (but certainly not all) Technical
>"writers" who are not degreed in the profession, and/or who simply drifted
>into it from some other profession, are lousy writers who do not understand
>the basic precepts of grammer, syntax, punctuation, style . . .you name it.
>They embarrass the profession and the companies they work for and take up
>job slots for which qualified professionals are hungry and deserving. I'm
>for certification, if for no other reason than to keep the bar raised high
>enough to filter these rascals out. There, I've said it and I feel much
>better.
> -Vester

Vester, if us rascals are such lousy (sic) writers who do not know
grammer (sic), why are you degreed (sic) "qualified professionals" hungry
and looking for jobs? I'd like to know what school you graduated from.

If your comments were tongue-in-cheek, they didn't come off
that way.

Bob Rascal Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM