Has Anyone Used FOLIO?

Subject: Has Anyone Used FOLIO?
From: David Demyan <concord -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 06:01:29 -0700

Have you used FolioViews? I previewed this software (now in Rel 3.1)
yesterday with a client who is interested in using it to control
their electronic document delivery. We will begin formal software
evaluation in a few days.

For the curious listreaders, FolioViews accepts document files from
a number of PC text processors (Word, WP, Ami, etc.) and converts
them to Folio "flat" files. When viewed on screen, these files are
formatted somewhat like the original paper versions, but Folio allows
full text query, hypertext links, on-the-fly tables of contents, etc.
It is designed to make it easy to find information very quickly while
viewing documentation on-screen.

What I would like to know, if you have used this software, is:

a. How easy is it to convert documents to it?
b. Any substantial bugs?
c. How easy is it to gain end-user acceptance and train them to
use it?
d. How well does it work in "live" service call sessions? (In
this scenario, an agent uses FolioView searches and queries
to look up information while talking with a customer on the
phone.)
e. Any other general comments about Folio software or support.

I will summarize all responses to the list.

TIA,

Dave Demyan *** Mendem Concord, Inc.
(908) 753-8500 *** One Mountain Blvd.
concord -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com *** Warren, NJ 07059
FAX: (908) 754-8224