Re: WWW Mosaic & HTML

Subject: Re: WWW Mosaic & HTML
From: ROBERT SIDMAN <sidmanr -at- MCHFMCCM -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 08:42:26 EST

>A friend was telling me that his company uses the WWW browser "Mosaic" for
>online documentation and also a text processing language called HTML.

>I don't know anything about these. What is Mosaic and how would a company use
>it? What is HTML and where can I go for more info?

>Thanks.

There are many forests now converted to pages on HTML and Mosaic and
more things about the Internet you'd ever want to know. Check any
bookstore.

If you have access to the Internet, finger up these location to learn
more, and to start surfing through the voluminous information
available.

<http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/NCSAMosaicHome.html>
<http://www.w3.org>

The first is Mosaic information from the UofIllinois. The second is a
good starting point for everything on HTML.

You may also want to subscribe to the HTML-Authors-Guild mailing list
by sending an e-mail to: <Majordomo -at- lists -dot- stanford -dot- edu> and writing:
subscribe (name -at- wherever).

Bob Sidman (robert_sidman -at- fmso -dot- navy -dot- mil) or (rsidman -at- aol -dot- com)