Re: A definition for "server"

Subject: Re: A definition for "server"
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 12:15:59 -0700

>From: Price, Becca
>Subject: RE: Need a definition for "server"
>Date: Tuesday, July 11, 1995 9:39AM

Hi Becca..

>The people for whom the document is being written (the requestors, not the
>users) believe that our user community should only be told the bare minimum
>they need to know in order to do their job. Anything else "will confuse
>them."

>This is a frustrating situation for me and for other members of our writing
>team, and not everyone here agrees with this philosophy. We've been
>sneaking in more and more contextual and process-based information in our
>documents, but apparently in my brief description of our network as
>background for a "switch server connected" procedure, I got a bit cocky and
>actually put in some technical information, and got caught at it.

I dunno if you're still "in need" but if it is for a less-knowledged user,
why not make it an analogy? i.e., Use a restaurant..The server is a
kitchen, the nodes (workstations) are the tables, and the pathways
(net-lines) are the waiting people <pc?> :) Sorry I couldn'thelp it.
OK, this is a llittle too "simple" but if it is being aimed at the LK users,
then it'll have to be effectively simple to keep your client happy.

Ciao

Stui

------=| First Impression Graphics |=------
Yes these are my own thoughts and/or opinions.. Why the hell do I need to have
this disclaimer anyways?!?!?!?! It's my opinion and everyone's entitled to it.
If you don't like it, then don't read it! My employer backs me up on this as
I am one and the same person.